Re: David Torn book proposal

Looper's (and Anil) -

>Anil Prasad posted this on various newsgroups:
>
>Hi folks,
>
>I've been in touch with David Torn on and off about writing a book about
>and with him. We've officially decided to start a fact-finding mission
>see who may be interested in such a venture.

I've talked with David about his book idea before, as well. It's great to
see something happening! This should be a really fascinating project. Its a
great opportunity to get the word about looping out there, from one of our
most preeminent practitioners.

I'm certainly interested. We can use space on the Looper's Delight web site
for publicizing the book and publishing excerpts. We can also include
graphics, audio, and video if you like.

So hey loopers, what else can we do in support of this? I guess one obvious
thing would be to let Anil and David know that there are interested folks
out here. Any other ideas?

>Unfortunately, we have to work within the realm of the publishing
>industry. Neither of us is willing to put up with the hassle
>of self-publishing. So, the reality is this may have to be two books
>-- one containing 1-3 and the other with 4-5. Publishers tend to be
>ridiculously picky about "focus" and may think the "demographic
>appeal" of the book would be too fragmented if everything was
>included in one volume.

Count me in the demographic. David Torn is a very interesting musician and
person, and I'd really enjoy a book like this. I think it would add a lot
to the dialogue on what the art of looping is all about. I'm sure other's
on this list would agree.

>So, the reason for this message? We'd like to find out what YOU think
>about all of this. Any constructive comments are appreciated. As well,
>if you know someone who may be potentially interested in releasing a
>project like this, please get in touch. This is going to be a truly
>organic and grassroots effort.

I'll take a leap of faith and volunteer the Looper's Delight community to
help out if we can. Let us know what we can do to help, Anil.

>Anil Prasad
>aprasad@pobox.com

kim