Re: unsynced unmidied loops

>Eric Cook hit upon some really IMPORTANT points.

...and Dave hits again:
>And Eric's observation that looping unsynced can cause "truly bizarre
>counterrhythms"  strange "accidental" harmonies really rings true to me
>personally.  please, LET something EXCITING and UNEXPECTED happen!  forget
>PLANNING your loops (unless it's appropriate).  let MUSIC occur.......

Sure, my stile pretty much, too, as you know, and I tend to get emotioned
and off with you...
But some want to play Salsa... and I love Salsa, too... would be a pitty to
see them unsubscribe because of us crazy ones. There is a style for every
ambient (ambient is only for certain ambients! ;-) ) and a way to applicate
loops...
And, come on, at least 90% of the world population mostly wants to dance to
precise, traditional (synced!) rhythms!
And its great! Did you hear a percussionist fill a loop with a traditional
rhythm, using all of his gear? Thats a lot of power!

>I spent so much time trying to be a Todd Rundgren, making the perfect 3
>minute song, overdubbed to perfection. This is the WRONG route!
>
>All you get is sterility, songs worked to death.  Even the Neil Schon
>stories smack of this obsession.  No need.

You mean, there is no way to create perfect songs on loops without getting
sterile? This is serious!
I could not do it, but... noone? HELP, someone!

>Clear the mind, open the mind...allow MUSIC to appear.  Nothing too
>strange,
>nothing is impossible.  The best loops are those that just come...if you
>WORK at it...it probably will not be so good.

Absolutely, you can cook like that, even design a machine... hm... lets not
get fanatic...

>Matthias- you at least know what I am speaking of!

Aem...<blush>... just me? Sorry I do not want to break you on your trip,
its a very good one! And it might end up influencing all kind of music!

>Comments please!

Matthias