new web stuff!

New stuff on the web page:

Eric Cook's killer Drumming with Loops essay has been converted to
hypertext by Mr. Peters and now resides at:

http://www.annihilist.com/loop/tips/Drumming.html

Matthias has contributed the Playing Hints section of his original Paradis
LoopDelay manual, updated for the Echoplex. Even if you don't use the
Echoplex, its a great place to get lots of ideas for looping. If you are an
Echoplex user, its a must-read. Michael Peters once again lent his expert
hand to the html. Check it at:

http://www.annihilist.com/loop/tips/Plhints.html

I finally found time to update the archive section. Every issue ever of the
Looper's Delight digest is now available on the web. This means that just
about every post that's ever been made is up there. There are a few gaps
from October that I still need to get to, but there is more than enough
reading material to keep you away from fresh air and family members for
days. Wallow in Looper's Delight history at:

http://www.annihilist.com/loop/archive/archive.html

And if you haven't spent much time at the Looper's Delight web site, go
check it out now! There's all sorts of goodies waitin' there for you.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank some of the people who have
contributed so much effort to making the Looper's Delight web site as good
as it is. If you don't know, this whole thing is pretty much a community
effort. Different people contibute their own little bits of expertise, and
the collective whole is becoming a great resource. When you think that I
started this only about 3 months ago, the progress is really amazing. If
you want to help out, just jump in and do whatever you think would make a
good addition. For now though, lets give these folks a pat on the back:

First off, Michael Peters. Michael does all the html coding that I never
have time for. He does a great job with it, and I appreciate his efforts
tremendously. Basically, Looper's Delight would suck without him. Michael
also created the loopography and history sections of the site. Thanks
Michael!!!

Then we have Andre LaFosse. Andre has come up with some great ideas for the
site and provided the initial energy to bring them to life. These include
the Looper's of the World page, the Echoplex faq, the tips and tricks page,
and probably lots of other stuff. He also wrote the Frippertronics essay in
the tools section. Thanks Andre!!

Then we have Tom Attix, who created the Looper's Delight logo, which I
love. Thanks Tom!

Then there's Matthias Grob, who in addition to inventing the Echoplex and
LoopDelay, has done great things for the web as well. He had the idea to
compile list posts by interesting topics, making for some really
entertaining reading in the archive section. He's also contributed his
fascinating philosophies in the musing section. And now he brings us his
Playing Hints. Thanks Matthias!

Thanks to Eric Cook, for coming out of nowhere and giving us a much needed
drumming perspective.

Matt McCabe, for being available to help out early on when I needed it and
doing some html for the web. Thanks Matt!

And Thanks to David Torn, for being himself and for giving us permission to
reprint his Guitar Player article on Looping.

Thanks to everybody else who has contributed ideas and advice to get this
thing going.

And thanks mightily to everybody who posts regularly on the list, making it
live and providing fodder for much of the web site content.

thanks!

kim