Re: Vortex

On Thu, 5 Dec 1996, Emmanuel Angel wrote:

> I just got my Vortex in the mail yesterday.  I bought it on faith but
> loved the sounds and warm tone quality immediately.

Another convert!

> I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions as to good expression pedals
> for the unit.  Does Lexicon sell one.  Or maybe there are compatibles
> from other manufacturers which work as well or better.  Any suggestions
> from those more experienced with this box would be appreciated.

If you find a good expression pedal, let us know, okay?  I'm currently
using a modified ADA expression pedal, but I can't get it to sweep
completely from 1-64.  Generally, it doesn't go below 12-13 at the low
end, which is irritating.  I've thought about getting one of the cheap
Rolls pedals, but I'd like to try before I buy.  Besides, if I get a
stereo volume anytime soon, it'll have to go on my acoustic guitar
(which now has a piezo and an internal mic running down a stereo
cable).

Also, if you find an expression pedal, be prepared to do some
soldering.  The wiring on the Vortex is a little unusual.

-dave

By "beauty," I mean that which seems complete.
Obversely, that the incomplete, or the mutilated, is the ugly.
Venus De Milo.
To a child she is ugly.       /* dstagner@icarus.net */
   -Charles Fort