Re: RE: JamMan Rumors

><<Yes, it is true that we are no longer making the JAMMAN.  There may be
>limited availability at some stores.  We do not currently have any plans
>release another dedicated looper.
>
>Please let me know if you have any questions or if there is anything that
>can do for you.
>
>Best regards,
>
>Greg Hogan
>Lexicon Customer Service
>Phone 617-280-0372
>FAX 617-280-0499>>

David T. asks:"Is this really the wisest move on the part of Lexicon? I've
had 4 friends
in my area, not exactly a hotbed of musical activity, pick up JamBoys or
Echoplexi in the last 6 months. I also see a lot more interest on the net
and in the press for looping devices, and not just on this list. And I see
a lot more musicians using them onstage in the last year. Maybe loopers are
devices that needed some time for the public to really get interested in
them, and that's starting to happen now. Is there any possibility on
Lexicon re-thinking this decision?"

It seems to me that interest in JAMMAN has peaked only after we stopped
shipping them and the big instrument suppliers offered them at heavily
discount prices.  JAMMAN would probably require a new design to be re
released as some of the parts that were available at the time that  the
JAMMAN was designed are no longer available in quantities sufficient for
manufacturing.  I would say that it is not very likely that we will come
out
with another dedicated looping device in the near future.  JAMMAN was very
successful in the emotional response that we got from most people who
purchased it, however the volume of product that was actually sold was not
sufficient enough as to elicit a very warm feeling from the people who
make
the decisions about what we make and what we do not make.

David T also stated "How exactly is the MPX expandable? I use an LXP-5 for
looping all the time,
I love the idea of all the pitch/reverb processing after the loop. If the
MPX could be expanded to do long loops, it could be a killer box. But
frankly, I'm skeptical that Lexicon would leave us this possibility..."

The MPX1 is expandable via software.  I am not aware of any plans to offer
expanded delay memory.  It certainly will be more entertaining as a looper
than the LXP5.

Best regards,

Greg Hogan
Lexicon Customer Service