RE: Reflex/Vortex Resonators

Michael asked the following:
"Please thank ms Ciccone and ask her if she's related to Madonna.
(i)    Are the resonators in the Reflex and Vortex the same?
(ii)   The details say that these "simulate the acoustic effects of
       multi-stringed instruments".  What does that mean in practice?  Will
it make my guitar more violin/cello - like?

No, Andrea is of no relation to Madonna.  That was one of the first
questions that I asked her.

The resonators in the Reflex and Vortex are very different.  In the Vortex
the resonator parameters are handled differently within each algorithm.
In
the Reflex the chromatic resonator algorithm resonates chromatically off
of
the input signal creating something like chromatic arpeggiation.  This is
an
interesting sound though not that useful in the traditional sense, but
hey,
youse folks here on dis list ain't the most traditional bunch anyway.

The chromatic resonator will make one note sound as if several notes were
struck.  The inverse room may make your guitar sound more bowed if that is
what you mean by violin or cello like.

Thanks for your interest and please let me know if you have any questions
or
if there is anything that I can do for you.

Best regards,
Greg Hogan
Lexicon Customer Service
Phone 617-280-0372