Sampler as Looper

One question I have is: Are there any samplers that will work as real time
loopers?  To me it seems to be a perfect approach - you've got stereo
analog to digital conversion, you've got expandable RAM, storage, multiple
outs, plus you can use standard MIDI events to trigger/sequence stuff.

There were some updates to the later Ensoniq samplers that gave you new
effects - wouldn't it be possible to turn an ASR10 into a real time
looper?

Romeo