Re: JamMan, TransTrem, and other words that have a capital letter in themiddle

> Yes, it uses double ball strings. That's part of the deal with the
> steinberger tremolo/no headstock design. I haven't had to buy strings
>yet,
> but I just figured I could mailorder them.

Allan Holdsworth gets custom-made LaBella 8's, or did when he used DBE
strings...

>> Number two, do y'all know if it's possible to get a TransTrem to install
>> in a normal guitar, say, a mutant Strat-like unit?
> If the guitar wasn't designed for the transtrem, you will need to
>seriously >
> butcher it to get one on there. It needs to be on the edge of the body,

Hmm... I think you only need to do that if you need decent access to the
tuners.  If you're putting the TT on a Strat, you'd still use the
machineheads, and wouldn't need to use the trem tuners much.  I'm sure
that's what happens on the Steinberger Sceptre(?) - y'know, the one with
the headstock...  I've also heard that PRS will build you a TT-equipped
model if you ask them nicely.

>so on your strat, you would need to
>chop out all the wood between the bridge and the edge of the body where
>the
>strap pin is. I guess you would then have a mutant flying V.....

Or an Ibanez Reb Beach model...

Michael

Dr Michael Pycraft Hughes      Bioelectronic Research Centre, Rankine Bldg,
Tel: (+44) 141 330 5979        University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ, U.K.
    "Wha's like us?  Damn few, and they're a' deid!" - Scottish proverb