Re: Zoom 508 delay vs. Steinway pianos vs. Klein guitars

Interesting point... I was just thinking of the Vortex interface in
terms of hardware, software, and sonics.

Sonically, the Vortex is most effective in the studio.  Its subtleties
are often lost live.  But it is also missing midi, the most basic
studio interface.  I keep my patches in a notebook, not on a computer!
Worse still, the footpedal interface makes it a pain to advance
through programs in a structured live setting.

It's a wonderfully cool device, but can you imagine it with midi?

-dave

By "beauty," I mean that which seems complete.
Obversely, that the incomplete, or the mutilated, is the ugly.
Venus De Milo.
To a child she is ugly.       /* dstagner@icarus.net */
   -Charles Fort