Re: Trouble Finding a Plex

At 3:28 AM -0500 6/13/97, C.H.Glansdorp wrote:
>Anyway, I've been using a JamMan (32 secs) for the last couple of years,
>and from this list discovered the Echoplex - the idea of having a JamMan
>in front of an Echoplex really makes my mind go crazy thinking about the
>possibilities. I immediately ordered one through the local Sam Ash
>dealer. Five weeks later, the guy as Sam tells me that the Echoplex is no
>longer in production. This was yesterday.

What? Those guys are idiots.....They should be the ones calling Oberheim to
get the facts straight, not you.

>I've been lurking here a while and remember a couple weeks ago a post
>from Kim Flint saying that he was at Oberheim and saw a stack of them and
>they were ready to go out. I also recall the "Has anyone received a
>backordered 'plex" thread, so I feel I might be starting a long quest.
>
>What's going on? I figured I'd ask the list before I invest in a long
>distance call to Oberheim and before I lay into Sam Ash for not being
>able to find me one.
>
>Any info would be greatly appreciated - I really want one of these things!

Oberheim didn't build any for several months, due to various production
problems. The result was that every dealer on the planet sold out some time
ago. Oberheim has production running again and is currently shipping units
to fill all the backorders. (like I said, I seen 'em!) If you order one
now, you shouldn't have to wait that long, but that will depend on the
dealer.

I have no idea why Sam Ash would tell you that it's out of production.
Didn't someone else have a problem with them recently? Maybe there is some
bad blood between Gibson and Sam Ash, I don't know. Go to another dealer.
You can call gibson's toll free number to get to Oberheim, I think (check
their web site). It's probably worth it to call and make sure you are
ordering from a dealer that can get it to you soon.

kim