Re: Ambient effects -- something wild and crazy, please!

David Kirkdorffer wrote:
> I don't need the standards: chorus, flange, delay, pitch-shift.  I'm
> looking for DRASTIC effects rendering a guitar very UN-guitar-like.  I
> have a Vortex already -- now I quest for something more wild.

Dave,
  Look into the Roland GR30 guitar synth. You get completely
unguitar-like sounds. It also has a programmable apeggio feature with
many different modes. You can set it up so a short loop or segment plays
when triggered by a note. It goes well beyond the basic idea of an
arpeggio.

Motley