RE: Ambient effects -- something wild and crazy, please!

I have found these to be fairly wild effects:

- Boss RPS-10 - Reverses and/or pitch shifts an audio signal.

- Digitech IPS-33B - Generates arpeggios from a single note or provides
strange harmonies.  (You must program your own weirdness, the factory
programs are pretty tame.)

- Ring Modulator - especially weird if you vary the carrier frequency
(available in the Alesis Quadraverb Plus).

- Tremelo - using a square wave and 100% mix causes the signal to abruptly
turn off and on.

- ADA Flanger - its controls are very wide ranging and at extreme
settings, the effect obliterates the input signal.

- Eventide Ultraharmonizer - if you have a zillion dollars . . .

Also, Digitech/DOD has just introduced a new pedal called the Mouth or the
Voice.  It offers vocoder and talk box effects.  See the ad in the most
recent issue of Guitar World.  It includes a 1-800 number for an audio
demonstration.

Also, you might want to check out Andy Butler's Vortex website.  It
includes Vortex patches and morphs.

Mark Kata
Mark@asisoftware.com