Re: Sick Vortex.

Anthony Bowyer-Lowe wrote:

> My most wonderful Lexicon Vortex is sick - poor thing. The rotary
>encoder that
> selects
> the effect (the preset/register knob) has become intermittent, and will
>only
> choose
> certain preset numbers. I can still choose effects using the 'step'
>footpedal,
> but that
> doesn't let me choose preset effects, only the user registers.

  Sounds like the encoder needs to be either cleaned or replaced.  Some of
these come apart and can be salvaged, while others can't.  If you can find
out
the kind of encoder you need you should be able to get it from any big
electronics place (the name of the one in the UK escapes me at the
moment...)
To give a perspective on price I bought some for my Xpander and they were
something like $4 US each.

--
David Evans          (NeXTMail/MIME OK)
dfevans@bbcr.uwaterloo.ca