Re: Re: <STEREO>

The LoOpDoctOrs find stereo not only possible in small clubs but
mandatory.

The "sweet spot" is a canard.  Sure, there is a set point in any given club
where if you did you on axis measurments you might get a true "Blumlein"
fill,
but you know what...you can be well OFF axis and with our JBL Eon system
and
several Vortexes wafting, you can hear all kinds of depth, ping pong shots
and
backhand swirly's that you just won't get in the flat, pointelist world of
mono-pa.

By the way, when we play we not only have stereo out to the audience via
our
very mundane PA (no crossovers, but sometimes a bass feed to a mono drum
machine amp), but also through the various stage monitors that each one of
us
use.  So you are talking about an interesting array of stereo sources
blasting
at any number of points in the room.

Balanced?  Heck no...but then who comes to see the LoOpDoctOrs expecting
equilibrium? A little phasey loopy weirdness is much preferable to the
monotones, as God understood when he put our two eared, two eyed and nearly
hairless species on the planet.

All LoOpDoctOr odors, however, emenate in mono.

Best,
The LoOpDoctOrs