RE: Frippery vs. Bitchery

>Just listen to it, and if you don't like it, listen to something else.  I
just think this bitching about his work is pointless unless someone can
come up with an alternative guitarist/style/etc that one likes Better.  Or
perhaps it's your own work you like better, just say so.<

If I can add my two pence on this... I think we're arguing about this
because Fripp is an important personage in this regard. I mean would you
care if a man engaged in, er, fellatio, if he wasn't the President Of The
United States (POTUS)?

(Cough) I think my analogy slipped a little there... I meant to say that
Fripp's lofty status in this field means that we Care what he thinks and
does, and look for meaning in it, even if there isn't meant to be any. I
won't even start to talk about Expectations...

Personally, I imagine that if I had bothered to stand in the hour-long
queue at the recent Night Watch launch, and had a chat with him, I
probably
wouldn't like him as a person. And why would I want his written autograph,
when I have his musical autograph on the CD in my hand?

Brian Thomson, London UK
bnt@ibm.net