Re: sample clock playback tricks

At 05:17 PM 2/5/98 -0700, Mark Landman wrote:

>Well, totally variable delay time is desirable, but being able to switch
>some musically useful ratios, (1/2, 2/3, etc.) would probably be just as
>good. This could be a general master control, or perhaps the setting could
>be saved per loop?

unfortunately, you don't get musically useful ratios with the easy method
so
much as industry standard ratios. 44.1 : 48 is probably not what most are
looking for....

>Really what we all probably desire is a "quad" Echoplex with sliders for
>mixing, and integeral effects with multiple sends, etcÉ
>
>So if we take the Echoplex, Rolands new SP-808, and Davids "Fly", and put
>them in a blender, we come up with something closeÉ

now the fun part, how much are you willing to spend on said flying
Rolo-plex? Do you have a few Rolex's to hawk first?

kim
Kim Flint                      408-752-9284
Mpact System Engineering       kflint@chromatic.com
Chromatic Research             http://www.chromatic.com