Torn and Tom

Hi --

Re: David Torn concert in Santa Monica on Sunday, March 1 --

I just got off the phone with McCabe's.  The number to call there for
ticket ordering is (310) 828-4497.  My ticket was $18.00 (which included
a $3.00 phone handling fee).  The show starts at 7:00 PM; doors open at
6:30.  SeatingÊis first-come, first-served.  I'd be happy to meet with
anybody from the list at the show (look for a diminutive guy with a
goatee and a pseudo-afro hairdo;) and for those interested, I can say
with about 99.999% certainty that Torn's fellow CMP expatriate and
frequent collaborator Miroslav Tadic will be in attendance there.

Re: Tom's departure from Oberheim --

Tom, you've left some mighty big shoes to fill.  I've got to thank you
for having been so helpful to myself and others during your tenure, and
for having gotten Oberheim onto an infinitely better track than it had
been on before your time there.  I deeply regret that we got off to a
shaky start (for which I assume the vast majority of the blame) at the
outset of your time there, and I can definitely say that all of your
efforts have given me an extremely high level of confidence in the
company.  I just hope that Oberheim is able to stay theÊcourse you've
set for it.  Do drop in from time to time, and let us know what's up.

Best,

--Andre