Re: physical modeling ,setup time and the future

>Not only that, but bringing the technique into the "masses" and
>beyond guitarists will help.  Though most of us are guitarists, I
>find some guitarists are the most uptight about checking out things
>beyond three octave Yngwie arpeggios (or whatever the new gymnastic
>flavor is).   When my band plays live, the other musicians are interested
>in how the sounds are created and how we arrange our tunes, but most
>"rock and roll" guitar types think it's a crutch.  They listen with their
>eyes and not their ears.

This I believe is true, I played around town long before I got my looping
rig, so people who I know can tell I can really play, even though now that
tend to loop a lot, it doesnt LOOK like Im doing all that much. Hell, Ive
gotten sneers when guitarists look at my half filled 6 space rack and the
Strat with a synth pickup. Oh well. And for some reason I always feel the
need to explain the technology sometime in the set. I try to explain that
nothing is prerecorded at home, that it is composed live, etc.
Here in Florida, there is a bevy of sequenced 'Brown Eyed Girl' musicians
playing around ( "Hey, anyone here from out of town??")..so i explain what
am doing, without using tems like 'looping' and 'sequencing' and 'midi' (a
difficult task, indeed!). I don't usually play where there is an audience
full of musicians (although I did a solo looping demo at the Florida Guitar
Show last week, very cool..)..most audiences ARE the 'masses'. They will be
'assimilated'. :)
Dave Eichenberger
'Future Perfect' - progressive art music - visit our website at:
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Lofts/8082