Akai S-20 vs. Akai S900 vs. Boss SP-202 (Dr. Sample)

Hey all ... since the line between sampling and looping is kind of blurred
these days, I thought some of you may have an opinion on a *mid-price*
sampling unit. I'm a bass player and looking to use my EDP in conjunction
with a sampler. I'd  sample groove loops, tasty over-dubs, background
sweeps, or even replay loops that I downloaded from my EDP.

It has to be easy to use live and in the $300-500 price range, so the Akai
S-20, S900 and Boss SP-202 seem to be options. It also has to be easy to
make samples, store the samples and possibly arrange them a little. The
ability to use a trigger footpedal would be great as well. If anybody has
any experience with these units, especially "live", comments would be
greatly appreciated. Are there any other *good* samplers in this price
range?

If they can't do what I'm looking to do, I may have to consider the Akai
MPC-2000, Akai Remix, or even an Ensoniq ASR-X. They are just a little too
expensive at this point.

Thanks,
Doug.