Re: electronica double standard?

what in the hell is electronica-is it pop but not heavily guitar based?
I know the term popped up around the time Chemical bros last lp was
released.
I have been in to Jungle, Drum and Bass, Techno, acid house, detroit
electro,
goa, for several years and people were into it far before me and guess what
 people who listen to this kind of music have heard the hell out of
Funky drummer and Amen as well as many other highly abused patterns
these do recieve heavy criticism
 Does anyone think electronica is just a silly marketing ploy

daniel