Re: From a new guy with lots of dumb questions

At 11:28 PM 3/6/98 -0800, you wrote:

>1.)  It seems that most of us are guitar players (as I am, though I'm
slowly making the
>transition to the Stick).  Is anyone experimenting with looped vocals,
percussion, etc.?
>Just curious.

Hello, Peter,
        Dreamchild, the band I am half of, is using a JamMan for the other
half, (our vocalist, harpist, bassist).  Cheryl samples parts of her vocal
lines and harmonises with herself on a number of songs and also uses the
loop function to create vocal loops on a number of other pieces.  For my
part, I run a VG8 guitar into a JamMan and Echoplex (via Mackie 1202 VLZ).
We create what we call music for dreams and nightmares.

>3.)  Is anyone on this list in the Boston area?  Please let me know if
there's anything
>going on that I should be aware of.
        We are from Boston and will be playing at Jacque's, 79 Broadway
(behind the Cinema 57 on Stuart St, downtown Boston, on Friday, Macrh 20.
        There are other Boston  Loopers here on the list, including David
Kirkdorffer who loops on his own and with his bamd, little a.  We are still
throwing the idea of a Boston area Loopers nite around.  If you're
interested email me privately and I'll fill you in.  Plans are very sketchy
as everyone is busy with lots of other stuff.

Frank Gerace
Dreamchild