RealAudio samples from LD

Hi there, y'all...

This is my first post to LD, so my greetings to all the regulars. I
hope to de-lurk from time to time, and look forward to listening as
well as contributing...

The subject of a sound samples page at the LD site caught my attention.
I'm all in favour of the idea, except for one detail: should it be
RealAudio **only**? Personally, I'm an enthusiast of MPEG3 audio,
mainly for reasons of sound quality and its cross-platform nature (I
don't use Win32 or the Mac, and have had problems with the Win16
RealPlayer), and intend to
use MPEG3 for my Web site's future audio clips.

However, I think the audio clips page is a great idea - perhaps the
file format could be left to the individual? For that matter, can MP3s
be converted to RealAudio format easily?

Friends, loopers, countrymen, lend me your views...

Best wishes,
Tim.

 tawalker@dircon.co.uk - www.users.dircon.co.uk/~tawalker/
  "Quiet is the absence of sound, silence the presence of