Re: Re[2]: ProjeKct 2 @ Palookaville, Santa Cruz, CA...

>Hmmm....Miko hinted at this too I think.  I've been pondering this idea of
>"re-inventing" yourself musically.  Is it responsible or proper for an
>artist to take his or her rough sketches out on the road to present it to
>his/her audience?  Or is it more responsible to refine the work and
>present
>it as a finished product?  As humans, I know that part of the experience
>and joy of reaching a new level or obtaining a goal is the journey
>itself....but...don't you feel cheated when someone presents you with
>something that is less than you know they are capable of producing?

Not if there's been extensive discussion of the unrehearsed,
improvisational nature of the gig.  It would be unexpected (but not
unwelcome to me) if this happened at a King Crimson gig, but the ProjeKct
shows have been publicized as improvisational events.  If you want
preplanned pieces, go to a Crimson gig, or buy the record.

I don't think Fripp, Gunn and Belew are holding anything back, or viewing
this as an easy way out.  I think that the ProjeKct shows are what they
are capable of producing at that point, with no pre-planning.  Not all of
it may be to one's taste, but that's the risk of attending that sort of
show.

Travis