Re: sale! (was. switcher)

Oh boy. Here's my favorite minimal-equipment performance.  The Art
Ensemble of
Chicago was playing at this funky jazz joint in Seattle, and drummer Eric
Gravatt was sitting in.  There were exactly five pieces in his kit, count
'em:
bass drum, tom, snare, hi hat, ride cymbal.  That's it.  Traveling light,
but
oh man, the incredible variety of sounds he coaxed from so little.  He
sounded
a hell of a lot gutsier, too, than a lot of rock drummers with mondo kits.
 (What's that in my back? Adrian Belew's drumstick?)

Back to my rack 'o toyz, which desperately needs another echoplex....

laurie