Re: Loopers-Delight-d Digest V98 #138

I dissagree about the DAW.  I believe it provides a vision to people that
are less instrumentally inclined.  Should music be exclusive?  Should it
only be a medium for the musician?  Can't it too, be a medium for the
artist, painting a picture with sound?  Sure, it's sort of cheating from
the eyes of the musician who may spend hours on a single track...but who or
what does it cheat if the recording is an artistic masterpiece?  It's made
'professional' production more accessible, more affordable, and now, pretty
darn easy.  Where's the cheat in that, other than the fact that the
competition for success is about to baloon.  You don't even have to play an
instrument to write a song now.  Should that be a prerequisite?
I don't think so.  I look forward to the - soon to come - musical
artists.......isn't it about time that more music was art?  What 'creative
possibilities' could you possibly cheat yourself out of?...other than the
desire to become a better musician......with DAW, it's no longer necessary
in the studio.

To maybe relate to some of the jampeople....if someone said that using the
jamman was cheating...you should play clean...without effects....would you
agree?  Maybe to the purist.....but to not the visionary.  The future is
about doing different things and doing things better...the jamman allows
that (or so I've figured out in about 2000 e-mails on the subject) and so
does the DAW.

btw..this is my last post, I'm jumping ship.  Thanks for letting me in the
group everyone!!!!  Feel Free to respond or e-mail me at
brown25@bionicmilk.com.

later,

brown25