Re: Ambient loops?

zom wrote:
>I know this is a rather sily question, as a lot of the people here are
into
>(seemingly anyway) more guitar-based loopage, but how many fans/creators
of
>more ambient-style loops (or even Throbbing Gristle style material) are
>lurking out there? Very curious.....<

Although I missed the Throbbing Gristle, Genesis P-Orridge scene, I'm
definitely into some other related stuff, i.e. Scanner, Monolake, Porter
Ricks etc. Some of my own looping music goes a little in this direction,
other stuff is more percussion-oriented. I also find some of the music from
Mille Plateaux to be really interesting. This music is at its best when it
avoids becoming too "intellectual" or "academic". I agree that sometimes
the list here gets very "guitar-based", but that's part of the nature of
the music - being that the guitar has such a great user interface - and
also due the enormous influence of Mr. RF following his early looping
experiments.

BTW, someone posted the link to Sound Raider (http://www.andyw.com/raider/)
a while back - I tried it out yesterday and was REALLY impressed/scared at
what it was doing with my resident, scattered *.wav files. This program is
great fun - I recommend to all you ambient-freak sound addicts! Thanks for
the tip! Anyone else try it?

Rob