"unsubscribe"

<P>Loopers-Delight-d-request@annihilist.com wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE><B><NOBR>Subject:</NOBR></B>
<PRE>Loopers-Delight-d
Digest&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
 Volume 98 : Issue 4

Today's Topics:
&nbsp; Re: Remove from list!
Please&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [ LORI
&lt;looperanne@earthlink.net> ]
&nbsp;
unsubscribe&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
 [ "Steve Smith" &lt;ssteve@missconet.com ]
&nbsp; Re:
unsubscribe&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
 [ Tom Spaulding &lt;tspauldi@home.com> ]
&nbsp; Re: Remove from list!
Please&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [ Kim Flint
&lt;kflint@chromatic.com> ]
&nbsp; Re: Folk/Celtic
Looping&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
 [ Grover Sheffield &lt;gls@mindspring.co ]
&nbsp; Re: Any AXON user loopers out there?&nbsp; [ Grover Sheffield
&lt;gls@mindspring.co ]
&nbsp; Re: tape
loops&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
 [ Crossedout@aol.com ]
&nbsp; Re: Remove from list!
Please&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [
Crossedout@aol.com ]

Administrivia:
Looper's Delight
with "subscribe" (or "unsubscribe") in both the subject and the body, with
no
signature files, to:

Loopers-Delight-d-request@annihilist.com

To subscribe/unsubscribe to the real Loopers-Delight list, send email
with "subscribe" (or "unsubscribe") in both the subject and the body, with
no
signature files, to:

Loopers-Delight-request@annihilist.com

Check the web page for archives and lots of other goodies!

<A
HREF="http://www.annihilist.com/loop/loop.html">http://www.annihilist.com/loop/loop.html

</A>Your humble list maintainer,

Kim Flint
kflint@annihilist.com</PRE>

<HR WIDTH="90%" SIZE=4>

<P><NOBR><B>Subject: </B>Re: Remove from list! Please</NOBR>
<BR><NOBR><B>Date: </B>Mon, 08 Jun 1998 21:28:29 -0400</NOBR>
<BR><NOBR><B>From: </B>LORI &lt;looperanne@earthlink.net></NOBR>
<BR><NOBR><B>To: </B>Loopers-Delight@annihilist.com</NOBR>
<PRE>Tim Fitzsimons wrote:

> > Looks like its time for another episode of "irritated list owner's
> > unsubscribing diatribe." Enjoy.
> > OK, I don't say this very often (or ever), but seems like this is a
>good
> > time, since I'm now completely sick of spending so much time helping
>people
> > with this.
> >
> > Subscribing and Unsubscribing to this mailing list, as with every other
> > mailing list on the entire Internet, is *AUTOMATED ON A SERVER*. That
>means
> > that there is a computer where you send the request, and it handles it
> > automatically. There are *NO HUMANS* involved in this process. If you
>post
> > a message like this to the list, there is no human (or at least no
>willing
> > human) who will then go and send the commands to the server for you.
>You
> > have to do it all by yourself!
>
> > - There is only one way to spell the word "subscribe" and only one way
> > spell "unsubscribe."&nbsp; Never in my life could I have imagined how
>many ways
> > people could come up with to misspell these words. If the email has
>only
> > one word in it, is it really so hard to check that you've spelled it
>right?
> > - If you get an error from the server from your request mail, don't
>resend
> > the exact same thing to the server 600 times. Expecting different
>results
> > from the exact same actions is one definition of insanity. It's
>probably
> > also an indicator of pure, unadulterated stupidity. Try to be above
>that.
> >
> > - this is really not complicated. Just follow the directions, and you
>will
> > be fine!

>&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;
>
> Duh!&nbsp; Maybe he's tired of dimwits who can't follow the most basic
> instructions ( and even when they send an email containing these
> instructions they can't seem to work out how to actually use them)
> If it was anywhere near April 1st I could have let this one slide but
> seriously, you must be joking! Why don't you get of your arse, read
> the exact same message you sent to the list and do it yourself!
>
> Somebody UNSUDSCRIDE this person so we can increase our average IQ a
> few points!

&nbsp; hate to tell ya, but un "sud"^ sc "ride" will get you as far as
"unsubscribe"
with this list.
I've tried it 6 times now. Is this a loop joke? Unsubscribe repeatedly for
64
measures at 120 BPM and
you finally get off? I'm killing myself to get away from this
list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</PRE>

<HR WIDTH="90%" SIZE=4>

<P><NOBR><B>Subject: </B>unsubscribe</NOBR>
<BR><NOBR><B>Date: </B>Tue, 9 Jun 1998 21:05:43 -0500</NOBR>
<BR><NOBR><B>From: </B>"Steve Smith" &lt;ssteve@missconet.com></NOBR>
<BR><NOBR><B>To: </B>&lt;Loopers-Delight@annihilist.com></NOBR><FONT
COLOR="#000000"><FONT SIZE=-1>unsubscribe</FONT></FONT>
<HR WIDTH="90%" SIZE=4>

<P><NOBR><B>Subject: </B>Re: unsubscribe</NOBR>
<BR><NOBR><B>Date: </B>Mon, 08 Jun 1998 22:18:49 -0500</NOBR>
<BR><NOBR><B>From: </B>Tom Spaulding &lt;tspauldi@home.com></NOBR>
<PRE>> Steve Smith wrote:
>&nbsp;
> unsubscribe

Thinning the herd...it's an idea whose time has come.

Tom "Un=not,sub=beneath,scribe=writer: "not beneath a writer"
Spaulding&nbsp;
p.s. I hope this is the drummer from Journey</PRE>

<HR WIDTH="90%" SIZE=4>

<P><NOBR><B>Subject: </B>Re: Remove from list! Please</NOBR>
<BR><NOBR><B>Date: </B>Mon, 08 Jun 1998 20:20:14 -0700</NOBR>
<BR><NOBR><B>From: </B>Kim Flint &lt;kflint@chromatic.com></NOBR>
<PRE>At 09:28 PM 6/8/98 -0400, LORI &lt;looperanne@earthlink.net> wrote:
>> Duh!&nbsp; Maybe he's tired of dimwits who can't follow the most basic
>> instructions ( and even when they send an email containing these
>> instructions they can't seem to work out how to actually use them)
>> If it was anywhere near April 1st I could have let this one slide but
>> seriously, you must be joking! Why don't you get of your arse, read
>> the exact same message you sent to the list and do it yourself!
>>
>> Somebody UNSUDSCRIDE this person so we can increase our average IQ a
>> few points!
>
>&nbsp; hate to tell ya, but un "sud"^ sc "ride" will get you as far as
>"unsubscribe"
>with this list.
>I've tried it 6 times now. Is this a loop joke? Unsubscribe repeatedly
>for 64
>measures at 120 BPM and
>you finally get off? I'm killing myself to get away from this
>list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, you haven't come close to following the directions correctly yet!
You've
done it completely wrong every single time. You've only yourself to blame
on
that one. The directions have been posted repeatedly in the past couple of
weeks, mostly because of you. Why don't you try reading them? In the time
you spent typing those exclamation points and wasting our time, you could
have been off! I'm with Tim, you are a dimwit. You're also being a jerk,
which is why nobody is going to much effort to help you out.

Dozens of people have subscribed and unsubscribed without any trouble
during
the time in which you have been whining to everyone. As most people
discover, it's quite easy. Wanna know how they did it? THEY FOLLOWED THE
DIRECTIONS! Gee, where do they get the directions? Here are some ideas for
future reference:

- keep the directions for unsubscribing you got when you joined the list.
*that's why they were sent to you!*

- Lost the directions? go to the website for the list and read the
directions posted there.&nbsp;

- Not sure where the website is? Try looking at the address where the list
comes from, and start there. Or, go to a search engine and search for the
list name.(Or, try looking at all the replies you got the last few times
you
posted this crap. Numerous people told you where the site is.)

- Don't have web access? Look at the email addresses of the people who post
to the list. Gee, I wonder if one of them might know? Instead of bothering
the whole list, send somebody private email and POLITELY ask them if they
would mind sending you the directions, since you didn't bother to keep
them.
Chances are, they will be happy to send them to you.

- Look at the people who post to the list, and see if one of them happens
be the list maintainer. I bet that person knows! That'll be the one who's
email address comes from the same domain as the list, and who has a sig
file
with all the list info in it, including the subscription address. Send that
person a polite mail and ask for help. Usually that person is in a better
mood than he is at the moment, and will happily help you out when he gets a
chance. Remember, be polite, because all list maintainers quickly develop a
low tolerance for assholes and prioritize their demands for attention
somewhere below volunteering for experimental medical treatments.&nbsp;

- check the recent list postings to see if anyone has posted the
unsubscribe
instructions. (or in your case, try reading the replies you got last time.)

- Do not post to the list until you have exhausted every other possibility.
If you must do this, be extremely polite, as you will be annoying hundreds
of people, and ask for help. Being an ass will cause them to get pissed
enough to publicly ridicule you, as you've likely noticed. You probably
will
have your feelings hurt and think its unfair, but most everyone else will
enjoy it a lot.

- Never, under any circumstances, post something like "remove me" directly
to a mailing list. This will never work, and may even result in you being
on
the list forever, depending on how sadistic the list maintainer is feeling
that day.

All that being said, here are the directions one more time. Please study
them very carefully:

To unsubscribe, send email with the word unsubscribe in the subject and
body
of your message, with no signature files or anything else, to:

Loopers-Delight-request@annihilist.com

For the digest version, use Loopers-Delight-d-request.

Or, check the website,&nbsp;

<A
HREF="http://www.annihilist.com/loop/loop.html">http://www.annihilist.com/loop/loop.html

</A>kim
Kim Flint,
MTS&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
 kflint@chromatic.com
Chromatic
Research&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
 408-752-9284
<A HREF="http://www.chromatic.com">http://www.chromatic.com</A></PRE>

<HR WIDTH="90%" SIZE=4>

<P><NOBR><B>Subject: </B>Re: Folk/Celtic Looping</NOBR>
<BR><NOBR><B>Date: </B>Mon, 08 Jun 1998 22:39:44 -0500</NOBR>
<BR><NOBR><B>From: </B>Grover Sheffield &lt;gls@mindspring.com></NOBR>
<BR><NOBR><B>To: </B>Loopers-Delight@annihilist.com</NOBR>
<PRE>Thanks for sharing some of your technique with the Celtic
looping.&nbsp;&nbsp; Sounds
very complex and intriguing to me.&nbsp; As a 3 month old looper, I just
loop
major, minor 11, and altered chords together in basic fingerstyle riffs,
somtimes overdub stuff, then solo over them.&nbsp; It's helping my solo
work a
lot.&nbsp; I'm just starting to use the next loop function.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Give me a shout if
you have any tapes, etc, you'd like to
swap?&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
 Grover

t 04:37 PM 6/8/97 -0500, you wrote:
> [...]
>unstructured.
>
>I use an Echoplex, sometimes two.
>
>I've found it very useful to keep notes on what I'm doing.&nbsp; I
>tried&nbsp;
>writting EVERYTHING out, once.&nbsp; By everything, I mean kind of
>an&nbsp;
>orchestral score with all instruments and button presses.&nbsp; Too&nbsp;
>unwieldly.&nbsp; What seems to work best is some short notes like
>the&nbsp;
>following:

>Campbell's Farewell to Red Gap
>
>Looper Setup:
>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; sync = out
>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; beats/8ths = 16
>
>Instruments:
>soft shakers
>clave
>chimes
>doumbek
>triangle/cymbal/shaker
>marimba
>glockenspiel
>
>Schema:
>Looper actions
>REC&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; memory 1
>shaker
>REC
>OVER
>clave
>OVER
>MULT
>chimes
>REC
>NEXT&nbsp;&nbsp; memory 2
>MULT
>doumbek
>REC
>OVER
>triangle/cymbal/shaker
>OVER
>NEXT&nbsp;&nbsp; memory 3
>MULT
>marimba
>REC
>OVER
>glockenspiel
>OVER
>marimba
>NEXT&nbsp;&nbsp; memory 1
>marimba
>NEXT&nbsp;&nbsp; memory 2
>marimba
>NEXT&nbsp;&nbsp; memory 3
>marimba
>NEXT&nbsp;&nbsp; memory 1
>MUTE
>I'll write down the melody/harmony fragments seperately sometimes.
>I don't PLAY from these notes, I use them when I forget what I did,&nbsp;
>usually along with a tape of a performance.
>
>I find I have to struggle with the structure.&nbsp; The Echoplex
>interface&nbsp;
>seems ideally suited for improvisational playing and much less so
>for&nbsp;
>structured playing.
>
>The overall effect I term "Experimental Tradtional Music".&nbsp; I have
>some&nbsp;
>ideas I work from but I'm still finding my way in trying to
>incorporate&nbsp;
>looping with traditional or structured music.

<HR WIDTH="90%" SIZE=4>

<P><NOBR><B>Subject: </B>Re: Any AXON user loopers out there?</NOBR>
<BR><NOBR><B>Date: </B>Mon, 08 Jun 1998 22:55:40 -0500</NOBR>
<BR><NOBR><B>From: </B>Grover Sheffield &lt;gls@mindspring.com></NOBR>
<BR><NOBR><B>To: </B>Loopers-Delight@annihilist.com</NOBR>
<PRE>Gerry P,&nbsp;
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I use an NGC-77 occasionally,
not much for looping.&nbsp; Let me know if
Ican be of assistance.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Grover

At 08:17 PM 6/7/98 -0000, you wrote:
>if any AXON users - in particular the AXON 100 - are out there in looper
>land, and wouldn't mind offering me some insight into this product, please
>email me direct
>
>thanks
>gerry
>manda@norlink.net
>

></PRE>

<HR WIDTH="90%" SIZE=4>

<P><NOBR><B>Subject: </B>Re: tape loops</NOBR>
<BR><NOBR><B>Date: </B>Tue, 9 Jun 1998 00:34:14 EDT</NOBR>
<BR><NOBR><B>From: </B>Crossedout@aol.com</NOBR>
<BR><NOBR><B>To: </B>Loopers-Delight@annihilist.com</NOBR>
<PRE>In a message dated 98-06-08 20:09:33 EDT, you write:

&lt;&lt; does anyone know if there&nbsp; is any way to modify a 1/4" eight
track reel to
create tape loops of an significant length.&nbsp;
&nbsp; >>

If you set the machine on it's back so that the reels are parallel with the
table surface, you can take a small mic stand or something to put an extra
reel on. That way, you feed the slack of the long loop over the spare third
reel and move the support for the third reel away from the tape machine
until
the tape is tensioned sufficiently.&nbsp;

If this makes no sense, give me a buzz and I'll try to explain more
clearly -
sorry if it's fuzzy, it's almost one in the morning and I'm kinda crosseyed
from lack of sleep.&nbsp;

good luck.&nbsp;

- Bill&nbsp;
Crossedout@aol.com</PRE>

<HR WIDTH="90%" SIZE=4>

<P><NOBR><B>Subject: </B>Re: Remove from list! Please</NOBR>
<BR><NOBR><B>Date: </B>Tue, 9 Jun 1998 00:38:01 EDT</NOBR>
<BR><NOBR><B>From: </B>Crossedout@aol.com</NOBR>
<BR><NOBR><B>To: </B>Loopers-Delight@annihilist.com</NOBR>
<PRE>Kim -&nbsp;

bless you for your tireless efforts to help the poor, pathetic, downtrodden
souls who don't know an "unsubscribe" e-mail from a hole in the ground
and/or
their asses.&nbsp;

I'm trying to find the Catholic Church's web site - I'm putting you in for
Sainthood.&nbsp;

- Bill
Crossedout@aol.com</PRE>
</BLOCKQUOTE>