Re: OT: Booze Feetin'

At 01:53 PM 6/15/98 -0700, lance glover wrote:
>Just joking, heh heh
>
>No looping content here.
>
>But... anyone know why it is that on occasion, maybe, like, once a day,
>I get a posting from this list that has no line returns, i.e. the
>message runs out the window to the right, making me scroll like a
>drunken sailor to read it? I find this mildly annoying, but more to the
>point, I'd like to know if there is something I've done wrong to cause
>this anomoly of format (hence something I can do to avoid it, say a
>recondite preference lodged somewhere in the darker recesses of
>Communicator), or is it the original poster's mistake (though I've gotta
>believe it looks okay on their screen pre-posting) or is it just another
>one of those dumb internet thingies that I just have to get used to...?

I think that has to do with the sender's mail program being configured
wrong, or possibly just being a lame mail program. It has nothing to do
with
your mail program or the list. One of those inane line feed vs. carriage
return problems that the ancients have left us with. You might be able to
set your mail program to wrap those lines for you, Eudora does that for me.
It gets screwy when you quote it though. It's irritating, but not as much
as
when email gets formatted as html code....

So right now, everyone go to your mail program's preferences, and make sure
that for sending mail "word wrap" or it's equivalent is selected, and "send
as html" is NOT selected. then the world will be a little bit better.

>And actually, a little looping content after all -
>
>I finally got my Echoplex the other day (praise Allah) and spent the
[....]
>reflection on my personality, I hope). Anyway, thanks to all who have
>passed before me with tips, tricks and insights. I hope someday soon I
>can return the favor.

I've got some house chores that need doing. You're welcome to stop by
anytime. :-)

kim
Kim Flint, MTS                     kflint@chromatic.com
Chromatic Research                 408-752-9284
http://www.chromatic.com