Re: Looking for Stereo Analog delay

On Sat, 11 Jul 1998, eric potter wrote:

> Can anyone recommend a good analog delay with stereo outs? Going for
> that disintegrating decay sound. My buddy as a cheap old Arion pedal
> like that, but he won't give it up, and it's too cheap to find in most
> decent places!

Hmm I don't know of *any* analog dealy that has stereo out. They usually
have a wet/mix and dry output on two different 1/4" jacks but it's not
stereo.

If the above is what you mean then there are plenty. The ibanez AD48, MXR
analog delay, Boss DM2 (i believe that's the analog one), or in rack mount
the multivox Srping reverb/analog delay, Ibanez AD202, AD100m or UE405
(Has the AD48 in it) all have a separate wet and dry outs.

If you don't want to go vintage check out the DOD FX96 Echo FX which is
basically an analog delay with a limited lowpass filter to make the sound
more muddy and simulate the old tape echos like the Roland REx01 Space
echos or an echoplex. Ibanez also makes the AD99 analog delay new although
IMO it's not nearly and wild or fun as the older ones.

     HELP WANTED PRODUCTIONS - Http://www.voicenet.com/~legion
"Bringing you the best in Organic Electronic music since we started..."

Home of the Unusual Instrument and Recording Gallery with pictures and
info of Tube recorders, Omnichords, weird guitars, Casios, and more.
      Visit it at:   Http://www.voicenet.com/~legion/weird.htm