Cheapskate's opinion

I have toss my votes in with the 5-10 dollar camp.  I generally don't
spend more
than $13 on ANYONE'S cd, because I don't think they shoudl cost that much.
Period.  A great deal of the best cds I own can be bought with a minimum
of fuss
for less than $11.  There are a few bands in my neck of the woods who sell
their
cds for $5 a piece, with nice artwork, and they sell a ton of them.

I also think self released cds are primarily for promotion:  Once you start
selling in the thousands (I never have) then I would start worrying about
it.  But
you are also talking to someone who loves to play in on local club that
pays about
what the taxi fare/gas money to get there costs because the place has no
cover,
and the beer is good and cheap. This place is on a busy street, surrounded
by
bars/clubs, and if you are  good/lucky you can get forty walk-ins. Plus, I
feel
like a loser asking my friends to pay $10 to see me play.

Trevor