Re[2]: My Future in Looping

>From Neomguitt@aol.com...
>mark.....all i listen to is stuff from the folks on the list here......i
>no
>longer have any idea as to what my music is like in comparison to others.
>have lost any objective over-view as to what i am doing. i play things,
>that
>to me are a real treat, but no-one else hears my music. i seldom record
>anything any more. its music for me and GOD.....perhaps im lost, but i
>really
>don't care, for me it seems to be the creation of the moment.....do i see
>future in looping? yes, but i have no idea as to where it is heading. i
>think
>i am thankful for this.............michael

     I kind of feel similar to this! I've been having the most fun playing
     in a completely unstructured and non-goal oriented way. I'm pretty
     obsessive about getting my gear into a configuration which inspires
me
     to play and is easy to move. That said, it's pretty easy to want to
     then push to get out there and use it.

     It's important for me to take stock of what the *real* chemistry is
     between me and the other people I choose to play with, or the
     environment I choose to play in. Then to remember to count my
     blessings and respect those few people and places which invoke in me
     the subtle and sublime.

     I'm very thankful for those moments of clarity in an otherwise
     demanding practice! 8-> The mention above of God does indeed remind
me
     of the esoteric nature of music.

     -miko