RE: Guitar Effects (non-looping content)

> 1) Ring Modulation, natch.  Maybe the only one produced right now is made
> by Black Cat, I think something of a Maestro ring modulator emulation.

        Colorsound makes one too (reissue?)

> 3) Q-Tron/Meatball/Waldorf, check.  Lovetone's web site evaporated,
> though--never a good sign....

        I was looking at the Lovetone site on Friday last.
http://www.channel.co.uk/lovetone/

> 5) I hear the Tychobrahe Octavia is supposed to be wild.  Will be hard to
> find, tho.

        Fulltone makes a couple of octave things. There's a guy named
Justin
Philpot who allegedly makes a good tych octave clone for about $130
(apparently the originals go for something like $650 . . . )

> 6) "reverse" effects are available on some boxes--what was that old Boss
> half-rack called?  PSR-10?

        Think that's the number . . .

> 7) Vibrators, alligator clips, metal pieces....

        Tambourine tangs under/between the strings (sound really good on
bass), chopsticks (both for striking and in between strings), mallets, test
clips (smaller than alligator clips, different timbre), treated alligator
clips (tape on clip halves, gives muted sound), wrong end of a slide (where
your finger goes)