Re: Hypothetical Question

> > If your looper had 10 minutes of looping time, what would you do with
>it?
> > How would it affect your music?

>       couldnt you say that theres a certain point at which sample
>       time becomes academic? after 1 minute, after 4?

I have made songs/EPs that were meant to loop over and over again. I
create a piece of music that has the beginning blending into the end and
vice versa. One piece was exactly ten minutes and I recorded it to an
endless loop cassette. I've also pressed up limited edition 8tracks with
similar stuff.

In this case the "loop" is 5-30 minutes. Sometimes in  live shows I play
these "loops" throught the mixer and play other instruments/sounds over
top of them.

Quite frankly I think Joesph makes a very valid point though. My first
reaction was if there was a 10 minute looper I'd use two minutes and trim
the rest. However when i started to think about it if you change the
concept of "song" or put it in a performace mode I bet a number of people
have already used 10+ minute loops.

Personally I wouldn't really give a damn about a piece of hardware that
would do this though. My portable 8track works just fine for me...

     HELP WANTED PRODUCTIONS - Http://www.voicenet.com/~legion
"Bringing you the best in Organic Electronic music since we started..."

Home of the Unusual Instrument and Recording Gallery with pictures and
info of Tube recorders, Omnichords, weird guitars, Casios, and more.
      Visit it at:   Http://www.voicenet.com/~legion/weird.htm