RE: Working with a style

At 17.26 09/09/98 +0100, you wrote:
>Thanks Aden and Leonardo for the advice.
>
>Yeah, unfortunately I'm using the keyboard to control standard sounds on
the AWE 64 card - they are definitely very weak.

>Could you suggest anywhere I could download some decent single hits for
jungle, house, trance, or even ambient production?  Thinking about it, I
would be half way towards winning the war with some decent samples.

>Thanks,
>
>Steve Lauder

Hi Steve

these are some urls with loops and sounds. You could convert these waves in
soundfonts (with Vienna Editor) to use with AWE64. It's like having a
little
sampler inside your card. Think about it.

http://24.2.120.137/beats.html
http://www.shopalberta.com/qode/minbrk.htm
http://business.virgin.net/jack.dunning/links.htm
http://www.jara.demon.co.uk/bass/
http://hem2.passagen.se/rikarde/sladd.html
http://music.takeaway.net/cgi-bin/agility.cgi?_act1=showpage&_fmt1=mtsamples
/overview.html&category=sample
http://www.lloydm.demon.co.uk/samples.htm
http://www.fogelberg.com/samples.html
http://hem2.passagen.se/lej97/kalava/
http://www.fortunecity.com/tinpan/morrissey/680/index.html
http://business.virgin.net/jack.dunning/magnacom.htm
http://www.hyperreal.org/music/machines/samples.html
http://www.synthzone.com/sampling.htm
http://www.futurenet.com/samplenet/
http://www.pslnet.demon.co.uk/text_6.htm
http://www.cdrom.com/pub/demos/music/samples/
http://soundamerica.com./
http://www.loknet.demon.co.uk/leech/breakbeats.html
http://www.acc.umu.se/~megaodi/sylinks.html
http://spec.ch.man.ac.uk/~ashley/drums.html
http://members.aol.com/DynoWavs/index2.html
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Museum/4312/
http://spec.ch.man.ac.uk/~ashley/synths.html

I've used these sites in the past. I've to say that the sound quality of
wav
files you find on the net varies from poor to good. Never optimum. BTW this
is a good starting point, I think ;)

When I'll have some time I'm going to publish on my site all these and
other
links, plus some original grooves in mp3 format from a sample CD I'm
releasing.

ciao
leo