Re: Loopers-Delight-d Digest V98 #146

Hello everybody,
I dicovered  this mailing list last Friday and I was staggered.
I had no idea you people existed. I've been looping, (off and on)
since the mid '70's, (yes, I know but you're never too old to loop)
I started off using a WEM copycat echo which had a loop of tape and 3
replay tape heads fitted to its surface, (+ record and erase).
I discovered that if you covered up the erase head with a little
piece of cardboard you could build up a sound-on-sound effect.
I ended up with three, (two stood on their sides with a 6 foot
long loop travelling between them - great stuff).
I currently use a zoom 8080 which is absolutely LUSH,
(4 sec and 32 sec parallel delays + ring mod, octaver efects send
etc etc) all in one box with two peadals and tons of switches, all
transmit MIDI controller data, (you can tell I'm a fan, can't you?)
Anyway I look forward to bouncing some ideas around with you lot.
And there was I thinking I was the only one - what an egotist!
Incidentally I'm in Wales, (UK)
Best wishes to you all,
Gareth