Re[2]: P2 Quandaries! (was: Fripp Nerves)

---Mike Biffle <Mike.Biffle@wj.com> wrote:
>> Not sure... This reminds me of a previous poster recalling someone
>asking if
>> a Fripp piece was played by a keyboardist, would you still listen to
>it? It's
>> a very interesting question...

> Music = sounds within context. If a tree fall in the forest, and there
>is no
> one to hear it fall, does it make a sound?
> Rev. D.G.

Which is why free improv is a "you had to be there" proposition *most of
the
time*. When it's supernaturally sublime and on tape it's a gift to the
world.
(At least those who care.)

Sometimes I'm quite relieved that certain music impaired individuals
weren't
present to hear my "tree fall" only to decide that I'm indeed quite crazy,
deranged and possibly dangerous! Especially my co-workers! 8->

best,
-Miko
Miko Biffle                                      "And I am running
scared...
mike.biffle@wj.com                           "from all the usual
distractions!"