Re: impending footswitch failure?

My EDP footpedal record button is recently showing erratic behavior;
starting another recording when I press to stop, starting another recording
when I release it, or just not starting the instant I press it.  If I'm
very
precise (use my big toe rather than my foot!) it's usually normal.  Since
this is irregular behavior, I'm assuming my parameters are unchanged and
okay.  I'm wondering if the switch is starting to fail (the unit is less
than a year old).  If so, can I repair or replace the switch?   Thanks in
advance for any suggestions.                                        Grover