Re: LD Digest V98 #251 - UK looping possibilities

     Sure, why not! Global Village Productions, as its name suggests has
     been dealing mainly with musicians from the "world music" area - the
     Peking Brothers are the only ones I remember by name, but also
     musicians from Africa, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Latin America were
     featured.

     They - GVP - want to move into other areas too - broadly ambient from
     either end of that description. He already has one
     abstract/sound/noise group in mind (again the name escapes me) and I
     suppose I'm the other end, as you can tell from a quick scout around
     the sounds at <http://subnet.virtual-pc.com/or387751>. However, I
just
     bought ACID Ph1 and have incorporated some of the world drum samples
     into a new-online-today sort of Rolf Harris meets Bing and Bowie
     uptown with Eno according to my wife. See what you think!

     And good luck with the Cardiff gig - nowhere near Splott, by any
     chance?

     Cheers

     David