ZoomSampleTrak

Hi girls+guys,
 I'm wondering about and would love feedback on a few possibilities.
    The new Zoom SampleTrak looks very inviting and at $500, affordable too. I downloaded the manual and checked it out and it seems very kool! Speaking w/o too much knowledge I noticed it can only tweek previously stored samples in real time and not fresh sounds during live performances. Is this true? Is this a problem? It doesn't seem like there is much to sample in a live setting anyway except atmospherics and crowd noise unless from some hidden radio or tape source...Anyway, the SampleTrak looks delicious and I'm set to spend some money. Could the Echoplex be better? This one store (a major) had it for 700 bucks. Is that too much?
    What I'm looking for, is performing MyBloodyValentine/Spacemen3 type Atmelodosherical harmonies which continually morph into beautiful dreamy colors of sound...I like the idea of sampling found sounds as well...Being in Nashville, TN, there is no shortage of music stores....any help towards a beginner would be greatly appreciated. Long live Looper's Delight!
Jamie