Re: Boston

Ah, I remember Northampton. A nice little town. I'd like to visit there
next time
I'm in the state. I used to live in Agawam. Now I live in San Francisco.

Here's what I can say about Boston from my very limited experience. In the
winter, it gets pretty cold. Not Minnesota cold, but you'll have a few 0
degree
days (f) during the year. You get most of your rain in the summer. It's
actually
kind of nice that way since the summers are VERY hot. Lots of 90-100
degree days
with 70-80% humidity. Sweat doesn't evaporate as well as it does in Texas.

The streets are pretty darn windy and confusing compared to other cities.
They
were designed in colonial times, and while they're paved and stuff now,
they
don't make a lot of sense for cars. There's lots of rotaries and stuff. It
might
be better with a bike.

People in Boston still like Aerosmith about as much as people in L.A. like
Guns
N' Roses. Not a majority by any means, but more than you'd expect. On the
other
hand, I keep hearing lots of nice lo-fi experimental home recorded music
coming
out of that area. The experimental noise label PURE is from around there,
as well
as a few others. Experimental is a really tiny part of all the music that
goes on
in Boston. I know very little about the rest though.

I still think that Boston is a pretty nice city. First of all, it's near
the
ocean. (It's a cold ocean though.) There's lots of culture too.
Massachusetts is
a really pretty state too with lots of trees. I say you should go to
Boston,
Dain. If you don't like it, then you can always move back. I was a little
apprehensive about moving to San Francisco, but I tried it anyway and I
love it!

I don't know how old you are Dain. I'm guessing that you're in your 20's
or early
30's. Explore and travel while you can! It's never impossible, but
uprooting gets
harder as you get older. I believe that the experience will make you
wiser. (I'm
not saying that you're not wise, but it never hurts to be wiser, right?)

best,

matt davignon