Re: Plex Upgrade ideas

I found that the biggest problem in using (and also exploring) these
different little features that are very helpfull at one point or another is
that you cannot store presets. Although the layout of the plex is quite
comfortable, I am absolutely hopeless in strolling through parameter lists
in mid-performance, especially on solo gigs. Even notes like 'turn on/off
XY for tune AB' taped somewhere on the rig wouldn't help me.

For solo stuff I am using an Oberheim (only through the information on this
list I got one, THANKS KIM & EVERBODY!!!) in a standard setting (2 loops,
quantize on, using reverse, feedback, multiply & overdub of course) and
Boomerang stuff reversed, sped up or slowed down against that. That keeps
enough possibilities for improvisation.

For group work I usually take (if at all) the boomerang, although the speed
up/down mode is a little hard to get to (you have to stop the loop first).
If I understood you right Kim, the 'plex is technically not primitive
enaugh to do these 'tape speed'-atmospheres that are much beloved in Bill
Frisell's playing (I wonder that his historic EH delay is still working, or
is he buying them used for 1200$ apiece?)

SO: how about a super-deep sine modulation that effects the pitch and the
speed of the signal so that it changes between an octave up & faster and/or
octave down & slower continuously?? The 2290 had something like that and I
tried to copy that sound with other units using like an expr.pedal-steered,
delayed pitchshifter, but those harmonizers all sound 'yak' to me.

Best, Andreas