motu2408

hi all out there!

thanks Kim, feels good to be back!

i'm just about to to get myself far enough to buy some toys for
HD-recording and it seems that the best you can get at this point of time
is the motu2408.

i heard a lot of good things about the emagic- logic silver and gold
software and the emagic amt8 midi interface (to control my hardware
samplers, effects, synths, loopers, ...)
how is emagic's software? anybody with any experiences or comments?
or is cubase way better?

i know that motu's recording tool has been discussed a couple of weeks ago,
but i don't think that following subject has been mentioned (i might be
wrong...):
since i don't have enough change to get myself a mac i'll have to run all
this on my pc. as far as i remember you guys who use motu2408 work with
mac's. will this work with my pc as good as with a mac or is it worth to
wait another 6 month (and a lot of hard work)?

would be really great if you could help me on this one!
thanks in advance

lorenz