Re: Audio Mulch

Hi Gareth

latency is about 30 ms on my MOTU2408... pretty good I think...

At 10.23 27/06/99 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi Leo,
>Firstly - get .82 asap it remembers all VST parameters and the latency
>is less than on .81, (about 69 ms on my system- which I can deal with).
>It's also much more stable though I didn't find the previous version too
>bad.

yes, you're right... I did'nt use 0.82b cause I thought there was no VST
support (strange...) but the problem was just no plugins were in the right
folder...

>I will be doing a live gig with it next Wednesday.

how do you use it for live playing? which instruments going in Audiomulch?
Are you using a laptop? which model and soundcard?
tell us more about your live set... and if Audiomulch is stable enough for
stage playing!

I use a Zoom 8080
>acts as a midi controller mainly to switch things on and off such as
>samplers and delays. I often use a pedal to control filter cutoff on my
>North Pole plugin which is excellent. I don't have any one way of
>working overall. I suppose that's the beauty of having such a flexible
>system. I use the ring mod, granular synthesis, North pole, pithch
>shifting and Xverb reverb a lot. The latter is able to produce an
>infinite reverb which is an effect I've been looking for ever since I
>heard it on an old AMS unit.

Xverb? can you say more about this plug ins? where did you find it?

I use my new Yamaha RM1x (hardware sequencer with 16 assignable knobs) as
MIDI controller.
The knobs switch sampler functions, speed and direction. In my last
Audiomulch setup I'm using up to 4 minisamplers at the time, in various
serial/parallel configurations. Initially I've used the Northpole but now
I've added the Waldorf plug in as main filter thing. the filter is better
IMO (no distortion even at higher settings).

One of my favourite tricks is to insert a
>signal modifier into a dealy path try it with ring mod it adds more
>enharmonic components to the sound on each pass.
>I do have multiple midi in's on my P200 but I only use one for AM. I'd
>be into exchanging AM patches too. I don't quite know what you mean by
>
>> am I wrong saying that v.082b doesn't support more VST plugins? I
>couldn't
>> find them....
>
>.82 can run as many plugins as you like, (provided your processor
>doesn't overload

PII350.... ;)

ciao
leo

PS if you wanna trade patches e-mail me privately