Re: [Re: backing solo performances]Walking away

While I never use prerecorded music or loops when I play live (only the
drum/sample tracks are previously sequenced), here's a fun trick that
the audience always seems to love:  Get a nice dense loop going.  Long
and complex works better.  Then, leave the stage and go the the bathroom
(make sure someone is watching your gear.)

Watch the uninformed feel "cheated"

Fun!

One thing I've noticed is that, these days, few people seem to have a
problem with prerecorded/ electronic drums/ rhythm tracks.  Yet, when I
use a midi track to control video, via a program called Xpose,  I got a
lot of people complaining that they wanted me to be obviously
controlling the image.  It was OK that I, or anyone else, wasn't playing
the drums, but not for the visuals.  Weird.

P.S.  I was not on drugs.