Re: ATTN: dpc VG-8 for looping?

In a message dated 7/25/99 12:57:45 AM, wedgehed@yahoo.com writes:

>How much delay time does the VG-8 have? Does it have
>repeat hold function? Can you do things like change
>the amp & guitar model over an existing loop?
>
>Or, do you just mean that the VG-8 provides the
>instrument(s) that you loop via your DL8000, Vortex,
>etc.

The V's only got 1023ms delay, but you can set up the exp pedal to control
delay send, and use the S1 and 2 switches on the pickup control to control
feedback (100% goes all night) if you open the delay page. It's also got a
cool cross-feedback delay that does wonderful rhythmic ping-ponging. In
that
mode, I've found it to be a serious looping tool. But I chiefly meant
that,
as far as using modeling creatively, or just in terms of being innovative
with new technologies instead of merely mimicing analog history, the V is
stand-out.
dpc