Re: Dangers of Dixieland

I remember seeing an interview with a musician who was
in Nazi occupied Holland. His description of the rules
was very similar. In particular, I recall him saying
that "swaying" was strictly forbidden.

If there is any justice, Hitler, Stalin, & "Il Duce"
are in hell listening to rap music at this very
moment. Mao is serving drinks.

John

--- "K. Douglas Baldwin" <dbaldwin@suffolk.lib.ny.us>
wrote:
> Two concerns:
>     1) The authenticity of any story in the Weekly
> World News, which
> regularly reports on sightings of Jesus' face in
> cyclones, births of
> thirty-pound babies to ninety-pound mommies, folks
> who cure their headaches
> with a 14p nail to the skull, etc.
>     2) The authenticity of the Nazi dance band
> rules. Probably authentic,
> but what's the source? It would be easy to make such
> things up, particularly
> if you've done a few too many wedding gigs under the
> fist of a repressive
> band leader.
>

> > addendum to this . . .
> FRONT OF HIM! By Randy
> > this reminded me of something else i received not
> so long ago.
> >

> >DANCE BAND RULES AND REGULATIONS DURING THE 3RD
> REICH
> >
> >An actual set of rules from Germany, unfortunately
> this is not a joke!

===
John Tidwell