Patch Bay Tip!

I came across this while reviewing the archives of
another list. It's so obvious that I never would have
thought of it.

If you are using a BALANCED patch bay and find
yourself  running short of patch points for that one
last piece
of equipment that you want to squeeze in, use insert
cables to make the connections. For example, you could
plug the mono plugs into the L&R outputs of your
effects processor & plug the TRS connector into the
patch bay. You then break the signals out by using
another insert cable to complete the routing. You just
have to know which signal is going to tip & which is
going to sleeve.

I wouldn't want to do this more than a couple of
times,
just to avoid confusion. Patch bays are hard enough to
label as it is.

John

===
John Tidwell