Re: Question of the Week -- when do you NOT loop?

    Have to say that it is also a matter of what you are trying to
accomplish
when you are looping, too!  Personally, I like to generate lots of drones
and
use those as backgrounds rather than a specific phrase...  Just wish that
the
Boomerang had a fade out feature to it...  Shouldn't be more than an added
pair of roller pots and a button, but then again, I'd prefer it if it ran
in
stereo.

    Back to the question, I won't loop solos that are taking place over
backgrounds.  As for time constraints with ensembles and playing with
other
people, it is unfortunately a matter of trying to keep up with them in the
directions they are wanting to go.
    Also, I don't like to loop miked instruments, had some majour problems
with feedback, though I am finding that certain piezo pickups out there
are a
MUCH better solution...  Just have to find out if RMC is going to go the
direction or not...

    Back to the fun of getting a GR-30 to sound like a pair of Bag Pipes.

    Tchus,

        Lee-ohki.