Re: MPLS.St.Paul Loopers?

Jon and Val Erickson wrote:

> I have been a looper for many years, but I am new to
> "Looper's Delight".  Are there any
> Loopers of  any sort in the Twin City area?  My wife and I
> own a "looper-friendly"
> studio here called Dragon Digital Media.  You can view it at
> the following site:
> http://www.onlinerock.com/services/dragon/index.html

A friend of mine from grad school at the University of Iowa was from
Minneapolis.  When I visited him last winter (before he left for L.A. to
attend a Film Music program), he mentioned having gone to see one of his
friends perform a looping show (a duo I believe) at a small art gallery
in a seedier part of the Twin Cities.  He also described a crazy jam
session that happened afterward with a walk-in trumpet player.  I can
ask him who his friend was that was part of the duo.  (Maybe he's on
this list, though, and will know that I'm writing about him--though I
don't know him).  I'll fire off an e-mail to my friend and post the
results here.  I mean, why shouldn't loopers, on or off the list, get
some free publicity now and then, right?

Cheers,

Jon Southwood
noj@cedar-rapids.net