Re: Reverb/Delay question

Hi David...

I used to be a tube amp Marshall kind of guy... went stereo
eventually with a pair of 'em. Then migrated to a Pearce stereo
pre/amp which was great. Torn, Holdsworth, Montrose used 'em... Worked
great, but I was still having trouble integrating all my stomp fuzzes
with the amp. Then I found the Boss GX-700, then a Boss GT-5. I've
been *very* happy with the GT-5... The reverbs are still not a match
for my Lexicon LXP15II, but they're *way* better than the Boss RV
(whatever it is... had one just to check out and sold). The compressor
and noise reduction is awesome when combined... still not as good as
my TC compressor, but they're built into a comprehensive multi-fx /
amp sim / spkr sim floor unit with foot pedal etc. It's really one of
the best of the breed. It also loops like crazy with it's 1.8 secs...
if you put a longer delay in the fx insert, you've got major damage in
a shoulder bag goin' on... I'm either getting a Headrush or a Line6
Delay Modeler to complete my all floor small rig. The rack is still
there for the kitchen sink approach!

Miko Biffle      "Running scared from all the usual distractions..."
mbiffle@svg.com

>>> <Dlangenes@aol.com> 10/28 1:42 AM >>>
Loopers,

I recently got rid of my rack effects (lexicon mpx 100 and
nanocompressor) to
simplify my live guitar setup, reduce hiss, etc, and reinvested in
pedals.
Only now (duh) I'm missing the kinds of rich, hall reverbs I was
getting with
the lexicon that my new boss reverb/delay can't hold a candle to. And
then
there's my boss comp/sustain which I'm still trying to get a subtle
sound
from. I was thinking of getting rack effects again and maybe fitting
them
into my pedal case under the pedals, but I don't know if they're
durable
enough for that kind of treatment and then there's the origional
problem of
the lexicon making too much hiss. Does anyone know of a line-level
reverb
unit that has studio quality sound? Is the idea of putting rack
effects in my
pedal board stupid? Am I playing the part of a clueless guitar
player?

David